Welland Primary School aims to provide every child with an excellent educational experience, which is enjoyable, stimulating and safe enabling them to reach their full potential. We are a small school, but we have big ideas and do not set limits on what our children can aspire to and achieve
We care about our pupils and want them to feel safe and supported. We ensure our school is friendly, welcoming, active, vibrant and inclusive. We take our safeguarding responsibilities very seriously and foster a safeguarding culture which goes above and beyond our statutory duties
- We will prepare our pupils for taking their place in an ever-changing world by helping them to become confident, independent, self-reliant lifelong learners.
- We care about our pupils and want them to feel safe and supported. We will ensure our school is friendly, welcoming, active, vibrant and inclusive.
- We want our children to be happy, enthusiastic, motivated and well behaved. We will inspire them to be curious, determined and reflective.
- Our staff are professional, experienced and supportive. They will always encourage our children to participate fully, learn through their mistakes and always try to do their best.
- We will continue developing the curriculum so it is creative, challenging and relevant. We will develop our children’s critical thinking skills so that they can work using their own initiative.
- We will teach our children to be open-minded, tolerant of other people’s differences, responsible, respectful and resilient.
- Our school is a partnership and we will continue to build our relationships, bringing together teachers, pupils, parents and our governing body with shared goals and aspirations.
- We are an integral part of our local community, we will continue to forge close relationships with other schools and agencies. Our goal is to give the children at Welland Primary School a window on the wider world.
At Welland Primary School our values are represented by the seven Rs.
- Ready to Learn
All children and adults are encouraged to demonstrate these seven core values. In our weekly celebration assemblies, children who represent one or more of the values particularly well are shown recognition. These children are given a round of applause and then get to add a leaf to our school value tree which can be found near reception.
Requests for Paper Copies
If you would like a paper copy of the information on our school website, please speak to our school office who will provide this free of charge.