STATEMENT ON BRITISH VALUES
Welland Primary School actively promotes the fundamental British values of democracy, British laws, individual rights and responsibilities, the mutual respect and the tolerance of others.
This means that pupils/children at age appropriate stages:
- Challenge opinions or behaviours in school that are contrary to fundamental British values.
- Have a knowledge of democracy and how it impacts on their lives in modern Britain.
- Are able to distinguish right from wrong and respect civil and criminal law.
- Take responsibility for their behaviours and understand how they can positively contribute to school life, the lives of those in the locality and society in general.
- Promote tolerance and harmony between differing cultural traditions.
- Show respect for other people and understand that they should not discriminate or show prejudice.
- Are actively encouraged to be involved in artistic, sporting, linguistic and cultural activities.